Workshop Dates : 14/10/2020 – 23/10/2020
Workshop Leader :Donna Acheson Juillet
Together we will create beautiful watercolour paintings, a lively travel journal and develop your creativity and knowledge of a balanced composition, applicable in both the journal and your paintings. During the watercolour part of this workshop I will help you develop your own style, to create paintings that tell YOUR story, creating interpreted still lifes, nature scenes, and landscapes. I will encourage you to mix the figurative with the abstract.
During our 10 days together we shall enjoy the beautiful French countryside, its’ delicious foods, delicate wines and a convivial and enriching creative watercolour and travel journal experience. I will show you how to work with the water, encouraging watermarks to develop (where you want) all the while following a plan for a balanced yet intriguing composition, seeking this balance through the use of values, colors, shapes and line. I will show you how to use the different watercolour techniques such as wet-on-wet, wet-on-dry and drybrush. Through demonstrations and specific exercises I will show you how to superimpose layers of wash. The exercises will allow you to practice these washes to either paint the object itself (positive painting) or paint the background (negative painting). I am both a member of the Canadian Society of Painters in Watercolour (CSPWC) and a member of the French Watercolour Society (SFA). I have been teaching for over 20 years, painting for more than 30 years, won numerous awards, have exhibited in Canada, China, Mexico, various countries in Europe and live, teach and regularly exhibit in France.
In this course you will:
- Learn how to create a travel log.
- Explore different ways of seeing and interpreting subjects.
- Study the elements and principles for a good composition: Useful for travel log and paintings.
- Learn how to create mass/value sketches.
- Review the basics of watercolour, practicing such techniques as wet-on-wet, wet-on-dry, drybrush, glazing.
- Explore creative watercolour painting techniques, letting-go techniques.
- Study colour work.
- How to paint the negative form.
THE COSTS FOR YOUR TRIP ARE
- Private bedroom with private bathroom 3200 Euros
- Private bedroom with shared bathroom 2700 Euros
- Couples/friends sharing with private bathroom 5400 Euros
- Non painters welcome
- Deposit of 1000 euros to secure your place payable via Paypal; email@example.com
- Booking form to be completed at time of deposit.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Travel costs / airfare / travel insurance (compulsory)
- Passport fees, photos and processing where applicable
Any further queries, please contact us: