Anne Kullaf is a contemporary painter working in a variety of media. Her paintings utilize the principles of drawing from direct observation combined with efficient brushwork and a limited palette.
She is a faculty member of the Visual Arts Center of New Jersey, the Hunterdon Museum of Art, and the Center for Contemporary Art. A summa cum laude graduate of the University of Bridgeport, Connecticut, she received a Bachelor of Science in graphic design and fine art and also studied painting at The Art Students League of NY. She was invited to conduct a watercolor demonstration and workshop at the Princeton University Art Museum.
Residencies and Museum Exhibitions / Workshops
- Princeton University Art Museum, Watercolor Demonstration & Workshop in conjunction with Great British Drawings exhibition of work on loan from Oxford University’s Ashmolean Museum
- Bryant Park Painter in Residence, NYC, 2014
- Loosely Structured, Solo Exhibition, Eisenberg Gallery, Visual Arts Center of NJ, 2011
- American Landscapes, Group Exhibition curated by the Salmagundi Club of NYC and exhibited at Arti et Amiciatiae, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2011
- The New Reality: The Frontier of Realism in the 21st Century, Traveling Museum Exhibtion, United States, Curated by the International Guild of Realism, 2008–2011
- 400 Years of Dutch History in Manhattan, Vlissingen Maritiem Muzeeum, Vlissingen, The Netherlands, 2008
- Michael Ingbar Gallery
568 Broadway, NYC
- Urban Gallery
Pine & 22nd Street, Philadelphia
Plein Air Oil Painting Workshop with Anne Kullaf at Perigord Retreats
Capture the essence of southern France as we paint the natural landscape and old world towns of the Dordogne and Lot regions. Color harmony is key to creating any successful painting, but working on location requires a keen understanding of color and value relationships, as well as in depth knowledge of color theory and the relationships of specific pigments on the palette.
This workshop is designed for oil painters who wish to learn how to achieve stunning, dramatic results with a simple palette of primary and earth colors. You’ll learn how to capture the subtle atmosphere and light of the south of France with instruction focused on form, values, proportion and perspective. We’ll explore the old world cities and sites the region has to offer, with market squares, churches and cobblestone streets. Each day will present a new opportunity to learn with demonstrations and individual instruction and critique.
All materials, including plein air easels, will be included–eliminating the need to carry bulky supplies or deal with airport security! Access to a fully equipped art studio is available 24-hours a day, so in addition to the work done en plein air, you may continue to refine your paintings and practice your skills in the studio. All levels of experience welcome! The most important things to bring are an open mind, a positive attitude and an interest in learning. The workshop experience will be a positive, supportive environment that encourages experimentation while building confidence, skill and understanding.
All airport transfers, meals, wine and excursions included. Full workshop kit included for those enjoying the painting aspects of the trip.
All airfares, insurance and spending money excluded from above prices.
To reserve your place on the Anne Kullaf painting holiday, deposit of 1000 euros payable via Paypal together with booking form and accommodation request (forms sent after primary contact by email).
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or for any questions